We collect a sizable amount of data on these static tests, most importantly what thrust we’re getting at various rpm’s and what prop pitch gives us the best performance. Results from the first set of tests showed a 28% increase in static thrust, a huge increase! The prop designer predicted we would see about a 10% increase so we left that in the dust.
These static tests are done with the Switchblade strapped to a truck and a sensor connecting the strap to the Switchblade. This gives us the tension being created by the Switchblade when powered up (thrust). Next, we change the prop blade pitch (angle) for more testing.