In getting everything set up for the Samson 3, we spent a few days simplifying things, as there was a lot of wiring in the engine bay that just didn’t need to be there. The Electrical Tech (Phillip Mikula) had spent many hours pouring over the wiring diagrams for the engine, and you can see how many of the systems we didn’t need from the screenshot of the wiring diagram below. The red X’s are for the systems we would not need, and he then removed them from the wiring harness.
The result was a simplified wiring harness, which is about 1/3 of the earlier harness. We showed you this wiring harness recently, but thought you’d like to hear a bit of the back story as well.